Roppongi Hills
The first time I came to Roppongi, I knew nothing about this place at all. I only came here to meet ZD, because he wanted to see the Christmas Lightshow at Roppongi Midtown. I didn't even know there's such a place called Roppongi Hills until ZD asked me about it. Nonchalantly, I looked around, pointed to the highest and brightest building I could find and said, "I think that's the building you're talking about". (Though, in truth, I had absolutely no idea whether I was pointing to the right building.)
And that was my first memory about Roppongi Hills. Some tall, bright office building standing in the center of Roppongi, where grown-up people (社畜) whom I couldn't related to spend time doing the so-called "important things" day after day. It was a world too far from mine.
But for a second something in my mind stirred. So as I vaguely remember, it was after watching the lightshow, on the way back to metro, that I pointed to Roppongi Hills again and said:
"I wish I could work here one day."
It was a casual and spontaneous comment. But somehow, I just felt like saying it at that moment. How nice it would be, to be able to work in this kind of building, where I could see Tokyo Tower every day.
But I never thought much about it after that, and for a long time I never visited Roppongi again.
---------------------------
And now, standing in the office lounge, I would think of what happened last December from time to time. It's amazing that I actually ended up interning at Roppongi Hills. And as I walked pass the window every day to catch a glimpse of Tokyo Tower, I'm no longer excited by the sight one of the most famous tower in the world.
Life is amazing.
And that was my first memory about Roppongi Hills. Some tall, bright office building standing in the center of Roppongi, where grown-up people (社畜) whom I couldn't related to spend time doing the so-called "important things" day after day. It was a world too far from mine.
But for a second something in my mind stirred. So as I vaguely remember, it was after watching the lightshow, on the way back to metro, that I pointed to Roppongi Hills again and said:
"I wish I could work here one day."
It was a casual and spontaneous comment. But somehow, I just felt like saying it at that moment. How nice it would be, to be able to work in this kind of building, where I could see Tokyo Tower every day.
But I never thought much about it after that, and for a long time I never visited Roppongi again.
---------------------------
And now, standing in the office lounge, I would think of what happened last December from time to time. It's amazing that I actually ended up interning at Roppongi Hills. And as I walked pass the window every day to catch a glimpse of Tokyo Tower, I'm no longer excited by the sight one of the most famous tower in the world.
Life is amazing.
Comments
Post a Comment