Singapore
It was a trigger, but definitely not everything behind.
I started out all these thought because one of my favorite friends in high school was going to Cambridge. I went as far as considering transferring to Cambridge just such that I would have someone to cling on to.
But now thinking of that, it's probably more than that. By going back to Singapore I found myself back. The me in JC, motivated and ambitious and ready for new challenges all the time. And the world in high school. In a sense it was a smaller world, but it was from that world that I was able to see many great things in life.
And there it goes: I want to venture into a larger world, that's it. Coming to Japan, in itself, is a sort of great adventure, I guess; but Japan is so different from anywhere else in the world that it feels tiny. It's just Japan. And Tokyo is just Tokyo. It's wonderful in a lot of ways, but it also sucks in some way.
I've had two years in Japan, and I guess this is quite enough for now; I know I could always come back anyway. So now, time to set out again?
I started out all these thought because one of my favorite friends in high school was going to Cambridge. I went as far as considering transferring to Cambridge just such that I would have someone to cling on to.
But now thinking of that, it's probably more than that. By going back to Singapore I found myself back. The me in JC, motivated and ambitious and ready for new challenges all the time. And the world in high school. In a sense it was a smaller world, but it was from that world that I was able to see many great things in life.
And there it goes: I want to venture into a larger world, that's it. Coming to Japan, in itself, is a sort of great adventure, I guess; but Japan is so different from anywhere else in the world that it feels tiny. It's just Japan. And Tokyo is just Tokyo. It's wonderful in a lot of ways, but it also sucks in some way.
I've had two years in Japan, and I guess this is quite enough for now; I know I could always come back anyway. So now, time to set out again?
Comments
Post a Comment