Here I am, again, UK
So it's been 10 days. One more day, and I'll have to fly back to Tokyo.
Oh well. Tokyo.
Days in Cambridge went past like a dream.
---
And I met ZD again. My most 苦手 person ever.
And perhaps the only one who shares with me so many common life experiences.
Life is interesting.
Sorry.
I'm just keeping a distance so that you can be there forever.
---
Walking back in the darkness of a 7pm winter, somehow I started to cry.
Cambridge felt like a deserted town after nightfall. Everything was quiet except for the lifeless highway vehicles.
And I thought of all the people whom I'd met and talked to, over the past ten days as well as the past few months. People in Cambridge and people in Tokyo, basically. People who live drastically different lives and who remind me of drastically different phases of my life.
It's the moment when I realized that, I'll probably be walking alone on roads like this for many, many more years. Maybe there'd be no end to it. But anyway, it's my own choice. Pushing people away and leaving myself alone, as always.
And I think of me as a high school student again -- something that I'd almost forgotten after all the happenings in 2016.
I think I still prefer the me then. How could I have forgotten? The long sleepless nights and hot summer days on the island called Singapore. The quiet study room in early morning and empty emergency staircases late at night in boarding. So many things that I swore I'd never forget.
---
I'm glad I came. Even though the day of departure is soon to come.
I wish I could seal the memories in an envelop and send them to a me in the future so I'd never forget.
Comments
Post a Comment