Dear Tokyo
Hi,
So it's been a week since I left Tokyo. It felt short. It still feels slightly unreal.
As I cycled back from school to dorm, the sight of Charles River and Boston's city light on the opposite side somehow reminded me of Singapore. It felt like the night when I drove past Downtown, when I was distracted by the sight of Marina Bay and almost crushed into another car. It was one of those quiet nights like those in Edward Hopper's painting. It still is.
On my way back I thought of Japan; I tend to think of such things when it's quiet at night and I'm alone. Boston is getting cold and it reminds me of the winter in Tokyo, especially the last winter, especially the times when I walked past the long, chilly sky walk at Ebisu to Andy's place. I remember the red carpet and the chandelier and the hot chocolate at Starbucks; it was the Christmas season. It was so nice.
So it's been a week since I left Tokyo. It felt short. It still feels slightly unreal.
As I cycled back from school to dorm, the sight of Charles River and Boston's city light on the opposite side somehow reminded me of Singapore. It felt like the night when I drove past Downtown, when I was distracted by the sight of Marina Bay and almost crushed into another car. It was one of those quiet nights like those in Edward Hopper's painting. It still is.
On my way back I thought of Japan; I tend to think of such things when it's quiet at night and I'm alone. Boston is getting cold and it reminds me of the winter in Tokyo, especially the last winter, especially the times when I walked past the long, chilly sky walk at Ebisu to Andy's place. I remember the red carpet and the chandelier and the hot chocolate at Starbucks; it was the Christmas season. It was so nice.
Comments
Post a Comment